Holistic Wellness Mentoring
Our mentoring programs were created with the intention to improve the well-being of those who are struggling with destructive behavior and self-image, depression, anxiety, lack of clarity, lack of purpose, or just straight out lost in their own ways.
What are the main causes of depression among us?
Many factors increase the risk of developing or triggering depression, including:
- Having issues that negatively impact self-esteem and self-confidence, such as obesity, peer problems, long-term bullying or academic problems.
- Having been the victim or witness of violence, such as physical or sexual abuse.
- Depression is more than twice as prevalent in young women than men (ages 14–25 yr.)
Additional Warning Signs for Depression:
- Irritability and anger without apparent cause.
- Difficulty bouncing back from stressful situations.
- Routinely isolating from friends and family.
- Eating more or less than usual.
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep.
The onslaught of peer pressure in our society today and the fear of doing something that might turn out wrong can cause or amplify anxiety. Another cause of anxiety, specially in teens, comes from changes in hormones. While people experience hormonal changes throughout their lives, more changes occur during adolescence than any other time.
What are the signs of anxiety?
- Inability to control feelings of worry and stress.
- Restlessness or edginess.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Muscle tension.
- Noticeable changes in eating or sleeping habits.
- Withdrawal from family or friends.
- Drastic personality change.
- Agitation, distress, or panicky behavior.
Rigorous analyses of mentoring programs find powerful effects, specially with those that are ready to commit to a new lifestyle benefiting most. Our mentoring programs help break down mental barriers and creates new opportunities for healing. As mentors we are trusted guides helping struggling people make positive decisions, reform their own values, and realize their full potential through a series of time-limited, confidential conversations and other learning techniques.
Our Holistic approach to Wellness intends to achieve health that considers mind, body and spirit as a whole. I believe attention to all three is needed to stay balanced. Bringing balance into your lifestyle will help you unlock your full potential to excel and live a joyous and fulfilling life. With the use of neuroscience-based tools, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP,) meditation, breathing, sound therapy, nutrition and body movement, I will support you to stay focused and reprogram your mindset developing self-confidence and self-esteem.
Having realistic goals and expectations.
Mentors understand that change doesn't happen overnight and that setbacks occur. An effective mentor is someone who can challenge and support a mentee and not judge them. Our role is to ask good questions, to listen, to challenge our mentee's thinking, to clarify and support their short-term goals and longer-term aspirations, and to encourage their self-development.
- Relevant Expertise or Knowledge.
- Enthusiasm for Sharing That Expertise.
- A Respectful and Positive Attitude.
- Eagerness to Invest in Others.
- The Ability to Gently Give Honest and Direct Feedback.
- Reflective Non-Judgemental Listening and Empathy.
Through my extended research and experience in overcoming adversity in my own journey (read my story here,) it is my passion and mission to provide guidance, motivation, psychological and emotional support to those struggling with negative thought patterns and behaviors through my positive, respectful and inspiring approach.
- This Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
- Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.